My family is a pretzel loving family! We love pretzels and one of our favorite pretzels is Snyder's of Hanover.
We especially love the Sour Dough pretzels. They are delicious and not too salty. Pretzels make a great quick and healthy snack.
One of my grandson's favorite pretzel recipe is Celery and Pretzel Butterflies.
Pretzel Bugs are easy and quick to make. It's a healthy snack the entire gang will eat up!
Need: Celery, cream cheese or peanut butter, raisins, large pretzel twists, pretzel pieces
Directions: Cut the celery into 3 inch pieces, spread on cream cheese, add raisins down the middle, add 2 pretzels with the two loops outward, put 2 pretzel pieces at one end for antennae.
Make as many as you like...
With an eight year old growing boy in the house, I have to watch what he eats and make sure he eats healthy.
Some of my healthy eating tips:
1. Choose natural ingredients. It's important you make sure you and your family only get the best. With natural you can't go wrong.
2. When it comes to healthy I choose 100% juice. Water is better, but juice in moderation is O.K.
3. Limit candy. If my grand son wants candy I'll add a few pieces to pretzels. He's happy and so am I!
4. Make eating veggies fun. My grandson loves to eat his veggies when I get creative and let him help. He loves ants on a log, celery boats and blood covered worms(pasta with tomato sauce).
5. In order to get my grandson to eat healthy I involve him in the grocery shopping. He loves to shop and I teach him what foods are healthy and good for him.
When it comes to eating healthy in my house it has been a battle, but with a few tips I have won the war! My grandson has now learned that healthy eating is helpful eating. He is involved in all aspects of preparing what he eats,including shopping, planning meals and even helping to cook meals.
I've learned how important it is to include your child when you want them to eat healthy. It's not an overnight habit, but a lifetime of changes.
Even one change a month can become a healthy habit that will last a lifetime. Make it a habit at the grocery store to buy low-fat, whole fruits and veggies, whole grain, and bottled water.
Grab a handful of Snyder's of Hanover Pretzels and snack away into healthy eating...
About Snyder’s of Hanover
Our tradition of good taste dates back to 1909 when Harry V. Warehime, founder of Hanover Canning Company, our parent company until 1980, began producing Olde Tyme Pretzels for the Hanover Pretzel Company. In 1963, the Bechtel Pretzel Company, founded by Bill and Helen Bechtel in 1947, was purchased and incorporated into Snyder’s Bakery. Bill developed the original recipe for the Sourdough Hard Pretzel that is still enjoyed by consumers today. More info on Snyder’s of Hanover
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Snyder’s of Hanover blogging program, for 6,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”