I know all too well about bullying, I was bullied as a child and I am so grateful my parents stood up for me and believed me. A lot of kids aren't so lucky. If your child says they are being bullied, listen, believe them. My grandson is special needs and he's been bullied. A child shouldn't have to go through school or anywhere afraid of bullies. In my community, two children committed suicide because they were being bullied at school. Don't let your child be a statistic! STAND UP!
At Green Giant® they know it takes a lot more to raise a healthy child then just getting them to eat their vegetables. Kids these days live in a world that is bigger and scarier than the world we grew up in, and they need help and encouragement to navigate that world with confidence and pride.
Unfortunately one of the hardest things kids have to deal with is bullying. When a child is bullied by a peer it can turn his or her life into a daily gauntlet of fear and anxiety.
That’s why Green Giant® is partnering with PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center and We Day Minnesota to help parents Raise A Giant and put a stop to bullying in their community.
Being a giant isn’t about being the biggest or the best. Being a giant means standing up for others. It means lending a hand to those who are in trouble and speaking up for those who sometimes find it hard to speak up for themselves.
Studies show that an effective way to stop bullying is for kids to simply speak up and say, “That’s not okay” when they see bullying happening.
But asking kids to have the courage to stand up to bullying is a tall order and that’s why they need our help.
Green Giant is asking parents to write a letter to their kids telling them how special they are and encouraging them to be part of the bullying prevention solution by being a giant.
To get started parents can visit our community at RaiseAGaint.com and read the letters others have written.
Help Green Giant Spread The Word:
1. Visit RaiseAGiant.com to find inspiration from the letters parents have written
to their children.
2. Start your letter by letting your child know how special he or she is. Give
examples of the unique things you love most about your child.
3. Encourage your child to always be proud of who they are, no matter what
others may do or say.
4. Help your child recognize the signs of bullying.
5. Ask your child to not stay silent when they see someone being bullied. Show
them that the right thing to do is help the person being bullied or go tell an
adult. And, if they are comfortable with it, to speak up and say something.
6. Explain to your child how bullying is never ok, no matter what.
7. Share a story from when you were a kid of a time you experienced bullying and
how you handled it.
8. O ffer some suggestions for how to deal with bullying and explain how just one
kid saying “that’s not ok” can influence other kids and help them become giants too.
9. Make sure your child knows that you will always protect and support them.
10. Let your child know that they are not alone and reassure them that you will
always work with them to overcome whatever problems they may experience.
11. Share your letter at RaiseAGiant.com to inspire other families to be a part of
the bullying prevention solution.